Ops-Core SOTR FAQ
Special Operation Tactical Respirator
FAQ about the Ops-Core SOTR Reusable, low-profile half mask, designed to provide particulate protection against multiple respiratory threats with P100 (99.97%) filter efficiency.
1. WHAT ARE SOTR APPLICATIONS?
- Conducting Sensitive Site
- Exploitation (SSE)
- Vehicle-mounted operations
- Helicopter operations
- Live fire ranges (indoor & outdoor)
- Any time dust and other airborne particles are an issue
2. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SOTR?
- Central-mounted filter for better weapon interface
- Internal microphone to maintain comms
- Quick and easy one-handed filter replacement
3. WHAT DOES SOTR PROTECT AGAINST?
- Military grade materials and subdued colors
- High in/out flow for strenuous activity
- Lubricant Mist
- Explosive/Gunfire Residue
- *SOTR only provides respiratory protection against Fentanyl
4. IS THE SOTR NIOSH APPROVED?
While SOTR is not NIOSH approved, it is tested to the same high standards. SOTR meets the NIOSH requirements for inhalation and exhalation breathing resistance, P100 filtration, and exhaust valve leakage specifications for half mask particulate respirator.
5. WILL SOTR PROTECT AGAINST COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)?
CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings. They also indicate that N95 masks are effective in limiting the transmission of the COVID-19 virus. SOTR provides P100 level filtration – which is greater than N95. Since SOTR is a reusable mask, care must also be taken to clean and sanitize the mask between uses or possible exposures.
For more information, refer to CDC guidelines for PPE.